My media consumption


Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
  •  I don't read the news paper
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
  • yes sometimes I read the news online on the BBCs new app.

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not? I don't read any magazines 
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
  • 44 hours
  • What device do you use to watch television?
  • computer and tv
  • What times of day do you usually watch television? in the evening, 6pm to 10 pm
  • What programmes do you like best and why? I like to watch sitcom as it makes me laugh for example I love the show baby daddy and also I love modern family.
  • Do you watch alone or with others?  I watch it by myself but I also watch it with my mum and sister as they enjoy watching it with me to .If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? my sister o me decide what we want to watch as we know more about the classic movies and the latest movies.
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?) yes I watch modern family and friends on my tv but also watch it on my computer sometimes.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?  i listen to the music that's played on the kiss radio whenever I am in the car.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Do you listen to podcasts? no I don't listen to any podcast yet.
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio? half an hour in a week.
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? no they don't.
  •   If so, when do they listen?

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? I saw this Tamil movie called jawan and i also watch the second megalodon movie .
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming? I have watched the note book and the meg and chucky all on Netflix.  
  • Who else watched the films with you? my sister and me watched the horror movies together.
  • Who decided what films to watch? my sister because she knows what to pick according to the vibe.
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.? I watch it on the tv or the computer.

Online
  • How often do you access the internet? not that often as I only use it got my work and to see the news sometimes.
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc. at home
  • What are the main sites that you access? Wikipedia. 
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment? for information for my work.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? nothing
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? I use my phone and I use my computer.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular? i use snapchat and Instagram a lot to communicate with my friends and I use tiktok for entertainment.

Final section: reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? i need to watch more classic movies and spend less time on tiktok as its not really useful.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media? i would use less of my socials and watch ,ore podcast and watch the news.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. newspaper, journal websites, documentaries. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Industries: Ownership and control blog tasks

Reception theory

Feminist theory: blog tasks