MIGRAIN: January assessment learner response

 Your learner response is as follows:


1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW: Tharnika, some attempts at giving your opinion on audience effects theories but still too descriptive of the theories which is not required.
EBI: Lots of gaps in your knowledge displayed throughout and this is largely due to missing blog work.

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.

Question 1 was to apply knowledge and understanding of the theoretical framework of media to analyse
media products, which means I should have considered costume, lighting, action, make-up, props, and setting. However I wrote about the place it was set which was inaccurate.

3) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = low, 10 = high), how much revision and preparation did you do for this assessment? You may also want to think here whether you had completed all the original blog tasks from last term before doing the assessment.
I wasn't necessarily putting in all the effort I could have, On a scale of 1-10 I would say I revised a little bit(about 4 or 5 )I have compled all my blog tasks now but I need to refresh my brain and go over the topics and information again so I could link the facts I know to the exam questions. I need to revise more and write down more relevant news and fats that will be useful.

4) Look at your answer for Question 2. Did you manage to write about three different strategies and three different benefits? It's vital you read the question and follow it exactly.

I didnt understand question 2 as I couldn't identify major conglomerates use to increase their power in the cultural industries.But now that i hacve read through thew mark skeme and wriiten notes down, I know some strategies: vertical integration(its cheaper and makes profut at every stage of chain of production),Horizontal integration(identify new audiences and revenue streams),Conglomerate Ownership(dominate media industries through sheer size and power).

5) Look at your answer for Question 3. Did you follow the question guidance and write about both the BBC and commercial broadcasters? What could you have added to this answer to reach a higher mark?

I wrote a little about the BBC and the TV license people have to pay to have a TV at your prpoerty.I should have wrote resons agaibnst BBC as PSB:Audiences have variety of choices now as there are streaming services, the funding model is outdated, and the content does not reflect the price. I could have also wrote reasons for BBC as PSB : its more safe and reliable and regulated PSB (link to BBC remit duty).If I had considered that I may have gotten a higher mark.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reception theory

Industries: Ownership and control blog tasks

Semiotics: blog tasks